Life Actuary - Corporate Financial Planning
- Corporate Financial Planning
>> Can be remote for highly qualified candidates << Summary: This important Actuarial role will have responsibility for the development and maintenance of financial templates, databases and other tools used to support the corporate financial forecasting and planning process. You will also help to deliver financial planning results with valuation and FP&A reporting. You will need to be able to effectively communicate key results to various key stakeholders including senior management.
Other responsibilities include: Establish Process and Controls for accuracy of reported results across different basis. Ensure explanations reconcile the Plan to Forecast and Actual figures. Produce ad-hoc analysis and support on an as needed basis.
Develop and maintain Tools, templates and databases for use in collecting and analyzing forecast and planning figures across the various reporting entities (multiple)and financial reporting basis (i.e.
IFRS, statutory, SII, IVC). This will include automating these tools to facilitate an efficient forecasting process.
Process and Workflow: Establish and manage an agreed schedule of key deliverables and associated dates with stakeholders focusing on quarterly reporting and Board communication cycles.
Analytics: Develop enhanced analytics reports relating to specific areas of business performance on as needed basis. Examples include:
ROE metrics, enhance analytics related to investment income, etc.
RequiredExperience And Education
- Bachelor s degree from an accredited college or university in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, or related field
- Minimum of 4 years actuarial experience in life insurance or Life Reinsurance
- Functional actuarial experience within a life insurance organization, such as Valuation, Financial Reporting, Pricing, Modelling, etc.
- ASA (1 - 2 years from FSA) or new FSA
- Intermediate MS Office: Excel, Word, Outlook, and Power
Point and related skills
- Ability to understand basic accounting information and terminology
Desired Experience And Knowledge
- Experience in a financial reporting function or valuation function
- Experience with different financial reporting and regulatory basis including IFRS, NAIC statutory, Solvency II, etc.
- Knowledge of Reinsurance is a plus
- Life insurance product knowledge (Term, WL, UL, ULSG, etc.)
- Ability to assess and understand financial statements
- Experience working with accounting systems
This is a full-time permanent opportunity with a top-rated company where there is opportunity for advancement.
Our client is offering a competitive salary and bonus program with a range from 90-125k base (plus annual bonus) depending on experience and credentials. We can also offer outstanding company benefits, health plans and retirement package!