Engineer, Remote Support
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley(R) and Rockwell Software(R) product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
The Technical Support Engineer will work with customers to resolve their application and product issues, which will allow the customer to maintain or improve their system. The engineer will join our Information Software team where you will have the opportunity to work with leading Factory
Talk & Thing
Worx technology across a range of industries. The engineer will create and publish knowledgebase articles, blogs, or videos for reference by customers and Rockwell Automation employees. This position requires self-initiative, ownership, excellent listening skills, motivation to provide exception customer service from inception to resolution for each issue, commercial sensitivity, responsiveness, collaboration, technical engineering expertise, and business acumen.
The engineer's primary responsibility is to provide technical support for the Factory
Talk Suite of products with a concentration on the Information Software products. The engineer will also provide IoT Support Services to Developers, System Administrators, Field Consultants, and Engineers. In the majority of cases, this support will be provided via telephone. Support via email, or technical notes will also be required. The engineer may be asked to cover a shift after hours. The engineer will occasionally carry a weekend support phone to provide support for 24x7 customers. #LI-MW2
#LI-MW2 #nowhiring #jobs #lifeatrok #IND123
- Bachelor's Degree
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems (other degrees considered based on relevance to role).
- 1+ years' experience troubleshooting, application, and or design of industrial process and/ or automation systems.
- Experience with troubleshooting Microsoft Windows Server and client based software platforms
- Working knowledge of PostgreSQL, MSSQL, or Oracle RDBMS
- Experience in web application development and use of related technologies (Java, Java
Script, SSL, XML/XSL, etc.)
- Exposure to computer and industrial networks
- Knowledge of storage networking/cloud computing
- Must have excellent communications skills.
- Must be able work with people, handle and deal with high pressure situations successfully
- Must be able to manage multiple problems with changing priorities.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Understanding of Rockwell Software products including but not limited to Factory
Talk Historian SE, Factory
Talk Transaction Manager, Factory
Linx Classic, RS
Linx Enterprise, Thing
Worx, and Slack.
- Experience designing and troubleshooting industrial automation infrastructures.
- Experience with navigating within Microsoft Windows & Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experience installing, configuring and administering Web-based applications, Relational Databases, and Open-Source Projects (such as Apache Web-Server, Apache Tomcat, OpenDS, JBoss).
- Programming experience in at least one language C, .Net, Java.
- An understanding of web/network communications, servers, mobile equipment and security.
- An understanding of machine communication protocols and web services development including use of a REST API.
- Able to work with novice to very experienced engineers.
- Good typing skills.
Control Products and Solutions
Sales, Services, and Solutions
No. of Positions:
Rockwell Automation, Inc. (NYSE: ROK), is a global leader in industrial automation and digital transformation. We connect the imaginations of people with the potential of technology to expand what is humanly possible, making the world more productive and more sustainable. Headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Rockwell Automation employs approximately 23,000 problem solvers dedicated to our customers in more than 100 countries. To learn more about how we are bringing The Connected Enterprise to life across industrial enterprises, visit www.rockwellautomation.com.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).
See job description