Virtualized Edge Solutions at CIENA in Austin, TX
You will be redirected to CIENA's preferred application process.
Integration Engineer, Virtualized Edge Solutions - Remote, North America
Since 1992, Ciena has been driven by a relentless pursuit of network innovation. We believe in a network that grows smarter, more agile, and more responsive every day. This means that when you digitally interact in your world - picking up the phone, streaming video, texting a friend or loved one - your interactions are being enabled by Ciena technologies. Ciena makes your social / entertainment / business existence REAL.What will you do at Ciena?
We are looking for an Integration Engineer for an exceptional opportunity to join in establishing and growing a new services practice within a technology leader. Ciena's Global Services team is building a Systems Integration practice focused on Virtualized Edge/NFV solutions including uCPE hardware, D-NFVI software, Blue Planet orchestration, third-party Virtual Network Functions (VNF's) and other multi-vendor elements. The network edge is an area of growth driven by virtualization, infrastructure refresh, Multi-access Edge Compute (MEC), 5G, and Internet of Things (IoT).You will implement and deploy virtualized edge solutions for our service provider customers with excellent customer experience. You will bring technical depth and breadth along with strong customer facing skills. Our startup team will benefit from your innovation, customer focus, collaboration, value creation, and professionalism.
Responsibilities* Collaborate with Ciena colleagues and industry partners to convert top-level architectures and designs into deployment deliverables.
* Support presales activities. Perform project delivery, both remotely and on customer's sites.
* Integrate orchestration, Network Function Virtualization Infrastructure (NFVI), and enterprise Virtual Network Functions elements. Validate solution configurations and functionality. Achieve acceptance testing success.
* Perform solution life cycle management activities: evaluation and impact assessment of revisions to solution components.
* Perform onboarding and validation of enterprise Virtual Network Functions. Test enterprise VNF's and the NFVI.
* Perform testing of solutions along with troubleshooting to identify and resolve issues.
* Create documentation and knowledge sharing content/competency development for colleagues, partners, and clients.
* Support customer engagements including technical sessions, questions, planning, progress updates, and issue resolution.
* Implement proof of concepts (PoC) and demonstrate those for customers and customer clients.
* Identify and create processes and automation tools to optimize the capabilities of the practice. Experience and Personal
Skills* The successful applicant for this role will have 10+ years of experience working in the Information and Communications Technology (ICT) field preferably with systems integration delivery roles. Two years of uCPE/vCPE experience desired.
* Strong technical knowledge and experience in cloud computing and network function virtualization: orchestration (MANO), Network Function Virtualization Infrastructure (NFVI), and enterprise Virtualized Network Functions (VNF).
* Experience with enterprise VNF's such as firewall, SBC, router, load-balancer, and SD-WAN is required.
* Certification or familiarization with hypervisor technologies and software for building and managing virtualized services: OpenStack, VM
Ware, Linux, RedHat, and public clouds.
* Network testing methodologies including test set usage and automation: Ixia or Spirent.
* VNF and NFVi tools and standards knowledge:
ONAP, OPNFV, ETSI NFV ISG, ONF.
* Network Service Design experience. Use of network service descriptors (NSD) and Virtual Network Function Descriptors (VNFD). Day 0, Day 1, and Day N requirements.
* Has performed cloud deployments and migrations.
* Zero touch provisioning technologies including:
PXIE, RFC 8572, and ONIE.
* Rest API, automation, and scripting skills including: Ansible, Gitlab CI, JSON, TOSCA, and Python.
* Expertise in ethernet and IP networks is required: network design, routing protocols, L2/L3, MEF, and network security.
* Knowledge of DevOps as implemented in the Gitlab platform including Docker or Kubernetes image building and usage for automation testing.
* Strong version control skills in GitHub, bitbucket or Gitlab, including experience with merge requests and branch management.
* Excellent written, verbal, and data presentation communications skills.
* Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science or equivalent experience.
* The ability to travel approximately 25% of time, at times higher to support customer engagements.
* Position can be located at a Ciena office or in proximity to a customer/technology hub city in North America.#LI-JD1About Ciena.
Ciena is a network strategy and technology company with a passion to provide an experience, to you and our customers that is as rewarding as the outcome. We attract the best and brightest- those with outstanding talent, motivation, and the right attitude to contribute to our success. Our culture balances our openness and informality with professionalism and trust and is built on the foundation of our core values: Customer First, Integrity, Velocity, Innovation, and Outstanding People. Ciena enables everyone to have a voice and a network that supports them while on the journey to discovering their passion and purpose. We trust each individual to do what they can to reach their full potential and make an impact on the business, whenever, wherever they are in the world. With Ciena's highly innovative, forward-thinking business practices, we reward people for pushing the boundaries. Unlock your potential at Ciena!
Being You @ CienaAs part of our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we want to foster an environment that values and respects all individual's strengths, perspectives, ideas, and ability to meet the needs of our customers globally. Ciena values the diversity of its workforce and respects its employees as individuals, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status or any other category protected by applicable law. We do not tolerate any form of discrimination. Ciena is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, you should advise Ciena in a timely fashion of the specific accommodation measures required for you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
You will be redirected to CIENA's preferred application process.
Job Expires: November 25, 2020
More Work-from-home Jobs
Uh oh! Something went wrong. Please try again.