Sr. UI/Visual Designer at CrowdStrike in Scotts Valley, CA
CrowdStrikeScotts Valley, CA
Sr. UI/Visual Designer (Remote)
Strike we re on a mission - to stop breaches. Our groundbreaking technology, services delivery, and intelligence gathering together with our innovations in machine learning and behavioral-based detection, allow our customers to not only defend themselves, but do so in a future-proof manner. We ve earned numerous honors and top rankings for our technology, organization and people clearly confirming our industry leadership and our special culture driving it. We also offer flexible work arrangements to help our people manage their personal and professional lives in a way that works for them. So if you re ready to work on unrivaled technology where your desire to be part of a collaborative team is met with a laser-focused mission to stop breaches and protect people globally, let s talk.
About the Role
Strike UX team is a single multi-disciplinary team of front-end engineers, designers, user researchers, writers and QA. We re a highly collaborative, friendly, inclusive and diverse group using our collective strengths to deliver a capable and intuitive user experience for our customers.
We re looking for a visual design leader to continue to build a strong visual identity for Crowd.
Strike products while carefully considering how both interaction and visual design impact the overall user experience.
You ll primarily do that by bringing your expertise in interaction, user interface, and visual design (including illustration) to our collaborative UX environment and by working with other designers to create polished, well documented visual experiences. You ll also be an important voice in managing and growing our design system, including workflow, component creation and implementation, and instilling a culture of data-informed decisions.
You ll work within our Platform product group and be joining a cross-functional, global UX team composed of designers, researchers, writers & engineers collaborating closely to deliver the best possible experience for our customers.
We re looking for candidates located in the US Central, US East, or UK London time zones working remotely, with the option of working in offices in either Minneapolis or London.
What You ll Be Doing
Interaction, User Interface, and Visual Design
- Work with UX designers to iterate and perfect interactions, micro-interactions, and visual designs to create a polished, exceptional experience
- Collaborate with UX designers to create meaningful UX artifacts for communication and user feedback, like storyboards and interactive prototypes
- Collaborate with UX designers to create intuitive interaction patterns and information hierarchy
- Approach design with an expert grasp on best practices, accessibility, and design heuristics, and be able to clearly articulate design decisions
- Lead visual design direction and make decisions and suggestions for aesthetics when things become ambiguous; give thoughtful design critiques
- Collaborate with other UI/visual designers to build out appropriate workflows and create coherent experiences across products
Design System Leadership
- Create visual, production-ready design components that follow product design standards and can be reused across the design team
- Organize and maintain a scalable design library for UX team using Figma and other design tools
- Collaborate with all UX disciplines to run a living design system for primary use by design, engineering, writing, and QA
- Collaborate with other designers on use of design system components and creation of new componentry
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team to advocate for user-centered experiences through visuals and communication
- Ensure new components are data-informed and collaborate with researchers to ensure the right experience
What You ll Need
- An exceptional portfolio of visual, user interface, and interaction design
- A distinct point of view in design and a solid understanding of and ability to apply design heuristics and best practices
- A successful track record of leading work on design systems used by iterative product teams
- Design experience in an enterprise SaaS product or platform
- Illustration and animation skills as they relate to product UI design - you know when to inject them and how to use them to enhance, not hinder, the user experience
- An absolute passion for the UI and visual design piece of UX, along with a deep understanding of how it relates to and interweaves with the overall UX process (while you ll collaborate with UX designers and be embedded in the process, this isn t a UX design role)
- Experience in incorporating research into the user interface and visual design process, and driving data-informed decisions
- Deep knowledge of Figma and Zeplin, or other tools to create and maintain design libraries
- Remote work experience and collaboration across disciplines
Benefits of Working at Crowd.
- Market leader in compensation and equity awards
- Competitive vacation policy
- Comprehensive health benefits
+ 401k plan
- Paid parental leave, including adoption
- Flexible work environment
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
We are committed to building an inclusive culture of belonging that not only embraces the diversity of our people but also reflects the diversity of the communities in which we work and the customers we serve. We know that the happiest and highest performing teams include people with diverse perspectives and ways of solving problems so we strive to attract and retain talent from all backgrounds and create workplaces where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
Strike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Strike participates in the E-Verify program.
Notice of E-Verify Participation
Right to Work
More Work-from-home Jobs
Uh oh! Something went wrong. Please try again.