Scheduler - Full Time - Littleton
Our associates enjoy working for Balfour because we stand out from the crowd!
Our commitment to providing five-star quality service offers associates the opportunity to make a difference every day. If you are a dedicated, team-oriented individual that's enthusiastic about working with seniors, apply today!
Coordinates daily, weekly, on-call, holiday and week-end patient visit schedules with managers. Assures that all cases are staffed. The Scheduler is responsible for the daily scheduling of skilled care and personal care through a computerized scheduling system. Provides outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
SCHEDULE: Full time
- 10 hour shift
- Sunday through WednesdayJob Responsibilities
* Prepares and distributes the monthly nurse schedule, and maintains/communicates updates as they arise
* Maintaining nursing personnel attendance reports and submitting a monthly report, as requested
* Determining availability and responds to requests for holidays, paid time off and personal days for nursing staff
* Ensures adequate staffing in the event of call-offs or other absences
* Verifies nursing work hours for payroll purposes
* Managing both incoming and outgoing calls to staff
* Coordinate schedules and document changes in the online database system real time
* Communicates directly with caregivers and nursing team
* Supports nursing staff to assure caregivers are providing quality care (take out?)
* Required to take weekend and on-call rotations (take out?)
* Work with fiscal department to optimize costs while providing quality care
* C.N.A. license preferred
* Two or more years scheduling experience and prior experience with online scheduling systems preferred
* AS/BS/BA preferred, but will consider High School graduate
* Strong computer skills required and prior experience with a database system, desired
* Must be a team player with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
* Possess excellent organizational, written and verbal communications skills
* Capable of working with a diverse workforce
* Professional with employees and consumers, both on the phone and in-person.
* Bilingual a plus
Additional Duties may include:
* Updates nursing license records
* Performs clerical duties as requested by the nursing department
* Assists in scheduling interviews as needed
* Assists Director of Nursing in the interview process which may include scheduling and/or interviewing caregivers. Because of the nature of this role, candidates must have strong computer/office equipment skills as well as strong written and oral communication abilities. This is a fast-paced job, so the successful candidate must be able to work under pressure and thrive both independently and in a team setting. Some experience in a healthcare environment, plus prior employee scheduling work is preferred.
A high school diploma or GED is required. Certified Nursing Assistant License preferred.
* Balfour is a pet-friendly community; you may be exposed to animal hair and dander. Health & Wellness Protocols: Until further notice, interviews will take place virtually. Newly-hired associates will complete Balfour Senior Living's New Hire Orientation virtually, then receive important training about how to keep our residents, and themselves, as healthy as possible. This includes things like hand washing and social distancing. You will also follow wellness protocols developed under guidance of health agencies before entering any of our buildings. If you have any questions regarding the current protocols, please include them in your cover letter or discuss with the Balfour representative who contacts you. Why Balfour?
* Scheduling variety and flexibility:1st, 2nd, overnight and PRN/Flex pool opportunities available for many positions
* Immediate healthcare coverage for eligible employees working 32 or more hours per week (Full & 3/4 time status)
* Medical, dental and vision plan coverage
* Paid time off (PTO) and sick time for full and part time employees
* Tuition Reimbursement Program
* Employee Referral Bonus Program
* Employee Resident Referral Bonus ProgramABOUT BALFOUR SENIOR LIVINGFounded in 1997, Balfour Senior Living has received national and international recognition for the quality of its exterior architecture and its elegant interior design marked by the use of a vibrant color palette and a diverse collection of fine art. With round-the-clock nursing coverage and an extensive activity program, Balfour's quality of care and life enrichment programming makes the company a leader in the growing world of senior housing. Since the first community opened in Louisville, Colorado in 1999, Balfour has grown to include nine communities in the Denver Metro area and one in Ann Arbor, Michigan. From its inception, Balfour Senior Living has sought to be the most admired senior living company in the United States. Balfour Senior Living is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) complying with state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment and providing equal employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, genetic information, or racial status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, discharge, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, compensation, benefits, and training.