Proposal & Security Assessment Specialist at ELLKAY in Elmwood Park, NJ
ELLKAY LLCElmwood Park, NJ
Proposal and Security Assessment Specialist
ELLKAY, the Healthcare Data Plumbers
ELLKAY is a nationwide leader in health care data interoperability delivering innovative solutions that support the data migration needs of all members of the healthcare ecosystem.
ELLKAY is playing a vital role in helping healthcare organizations access and share data among disparate systems. We are recognized by our e-health industry partners, independent medical group practices, hospitals and health systems, laboratories, and payers as the Healthcare Data Plumbers that make data migration and interoperability possible.
Our 'Client-first' focus has made ELLKAY one of the most respected healthcare IT companies in the nation. We value our clients and believe that strong relationships are the foundation for a strong company, and we're dedicated to providing connectivity to the healthcare industry.
Company Culture: We deal with medical data and we take our work very seriously, but not ourselves. If youre a smart, hard-working, dedicated individual who thrives in a laidback, friendly work environment, ELLKAY may be the place for you. Were committed to attracting good people who are passionate about the work they do.
ELLKAY was founded over a decade ago on the values of innovation, efficiency, and service created in a collaborative work culture. As we have grown, we are proud to still possess the same energy and passion for what we do. We strive to provide exceptional customer experiences to our clients, which begins with first employing amazing people.
ELLKAY is proud to maintain a high-quality, innovative, and diverse workforce.
The Proposal and Security Assessment Specialist will coordinate the company's efforts in responding to customer Request for Proposals (RFPs) and Security Questionnaires. In addition, you will draft, review and execute RFP/RFI and security audit responses submitted by current and prospective customers as well as complete security assessments for Heath systems, Laboratories, and ambulatory PM groups. In this role you will work cross functionally ensuring tight alignment between sales and other organizations, interacting with individuals throughout the organization to ensure responses are delivered on a timely basis, clearly articulate, and demonstrate ELLKAYs product and service differentiators to attract and retain customers.
The Proposal and Security Assessment Specialist must understand the clients' requested solution and how to position ELLKAY products, messaging and services. The position requires the ability to multi-task between, multiple requests and team members in the support of different sales opportunities, compliance requirements, and other initiatives.
Essential Duties and
- Manage multiple RFPs simultaneously to ensure responses are accurate, professional and are submitted by the required deadlines.
- Review complex solicitation documents to identify tasks/requirements and determine the most effective response approach/structure for a compliant response. Act as a knowledgeable resource providing solicitation/proposal process related expertise.
- Work collaboratively with Sales Executives/Sales Leadership and departments across the company to tailor responses to address prospects requirements and objectives.
- Perform, compile and complete security assessments of existing or new clients by utilizing questionnaires, surveys, and existing documentation
- Manage and execute security assessments across the organization
- Communicate internally and externally project scope and deliverables, completing assessments in a timely manner
- Clearly articulate and demonstrate ELLKAYs product and service differentiators to attract and retain customers.
- Meet RFP deadlines by developing, managing, and owning a project timeline establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, and approval; entering and monitoring tracking data; coordinating requirements with contributors; contributing proposal status information to review meeting; transmitting proposals
- Task and assign proposal content as needed for subject matter experts sections, following up with section owners to ensure timely and accurate content delivery.
- Compile, write, and edit gathered proposal responses for content, grammar, style, formatting, adherence to proposal requirements and accuracy with internal company policies. Apply edits/changes to master proposal document and maintain version control across each successive proposal draft, up through and including final submission.
- Obtain or create required attachments and/or supplemental documents for RFP responses.
- Organize and package accurate RFP responses in compliance with client requirements. Coordinate the production, assembly and shipping (if needed) of both electronic and hard copy responses.
- Manage and update the proposal database. This includes working with subject matter experts to create/add new content, adding responses from recent RFPs and updating existing content within defined expiration timeframes.
- Provide consultative advice to internal stakeholders, including sales, PM, executive leadership, and other groups) to enable those groups to make informed decisions.
- Contribute to the development and continuous improvement of the RFP process.
- Provide internal support to the Group Sales team.
- Maintain and enhance business skills, including understanding health care industry and participate in all relevant training opportunities to enhance and improve current skill set.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management team.
- 3+ years of work experience in information security
- Bachelors degree preferred; or a minimum of two years experience in health information technology industry; or two years experience successfully managing and responding to RFPs/RFIs; or two years complex project management experience.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and Power.
Point), Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Share.
Point and Adobe Acrobat Professional applications. Additional experience with RFP software (RFPIO) preferred.
- Excellent writing and editing skills including proper grammar and punctuation skills with high attention to details and proven ability to produce quality, print-ready materials.
- Effective interpersonal skills including the ability to work and collaborate with a variety of individuals at all levels throughout the organization.
- Ability to understand and synthesize information and develop clear, accurate and concise responses to RFP requirements.
A combination of writing, technical and sales/marketing skills strongly preferred.
- Strong project management skills with attention to details, ability to prioritize multiple projects and the ability to work under pressure in a deadline-sensitive environment.
- Ability to be self-directed and work independently with little supervision.
- Strong organizational skills with a quality focus, a great team attitude, and analytical problem-solving skills
- Experienced project and time management skills to work on multiple proposals and security questionnaires simultaneously
- Ability to lead and facilitate projects and meetings.
- Ability to assemble proposal binders, pack boxes and transport to mail room.
This is a full-time, onsite position at our HQ located in Elmwood Park, NJ. Remote work is available.
For more information on our company, visit www.
Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest with salary requirements and resume.
ELLKAY LLC is a Smoke
- Free Workplace.
More Work-from-home Jobs
Uh oh! Something went wrong. Please try again.