Passport Agent-San Francisco at Kelly Services in San Francisco, CA
Kelly ServicesSan Francisco, CA
$18.40 per hr + $4.41 H&W Full Time - Passport Agent-San Francisco
Kelly Government Solutions is currently recruiting Contract-to
- Hire Passport Clerk Agent positions in the San Francisco, CA area. Kelly Government Solutions is a strategic supplier and business partner to the federal government and its key suppliers. For immediate consideration contact Bonnie Garrett at 864-###-####.
* PLEASE NOTE** if we call you about this position we will be calling from an 864 area code from South Carolina.
PASSPORT CLERK AGENT EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- HS diploma or GED
- Three (3) years of general office experience preferred
- Two (2) years of experience utilizing a variety of office software, specifically:
MS Word, MS Power.
Point, MS Excel, and MS Outlook.
PAY RATE / SHIFT:
- 5pm - $18.40 per hour PLUS (H&W $4.41 up to 40 hours)
This is a contract to hire position after at least 90 days that comes with a $2 - $3 pay raise. Work performance and attendance taken into consideration.
- Ability to effectively and politely interface with the public
- Good data entry skills
- Good filing and file retrieval skills
- (Preferred) A basic knowledge of the current TDIS computer system, ability to determine quality and correctness of prepared Passports and maintain issued applications in an orderly and traceable fashion
- We will be required to run a "Secret" Security Clearance prior to candidates starting unless candidate already has one that is active. Part of this clearance includes a credit check.
- Ability to multi-task while paying attention to detail and accuracy
- Able to perform data entry at a reasonable rate
- Good hand-eye coordination
- Lift up to 30 pounds
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time
- You must be capable of performing repetitive tasks while maintaining a high level of accuracy, such as: lifting, standing, reaching, bending, twisting, sealing envelopes, opening mail, stacking, moving/stacking boxes, un-stapling, paper-clipping, book printing, sorting, filing and reading
DUTIES/TASKS: The Passport Clerk Agent provides support to the Government staff by performing various clerical and repetitive manual functions with high attention to detail and accuracy. The Passport Clerk Agent shall perform all duties required by the Passport Clerk Processor as well as, but not limited to, the following:
- Interface with Passport applicants at Agency/Center information and will-call counters.
- At the Information station, ensure an appointment is scheduled; review Passport application, photograph, identification, and supporting documentation for completeness before adjudication.
- Ensure the application and documents complies with passport requirements, photograph meets passport standards, and customer is provided fee information. Copy customer identification.
- At the will call station, distribute passports to the correct applicant, comparing customer to passport image or accepting proper documents and identification for third party pick up.
- Perform data entry
- Operate various equipment for high speed scanning, image review, book print, quality control, mail out and metering mail
- When operating a four-printer pod, prints passports at a rate of 50 to 65 passports per hour and reviews printed books for data accuracy and product quality.
- Review passport product against data system information for completeness and accuracy constantly applying laws, regulations and procedures pertaining to the issuance of a U.S. Passport
- Use TDIS and determine quality and correctness of prepared Passports, maintain issued applications in an orderly and traceable fashion, ensure Passport chips are activated, accurately scan images into DOS data systems
- Perform searches as requested for customer applications and use troubleshooting skills in connection with information given by the TDIS inquiry screens; contact customers by phone for verification of mailing address and/or data information
- Create routine and expedited batches in TDIS
- Prepare Informational Request Letters (IRLs) both electronic and written
- Prepare Final Notice letters
- Process refund/reimbursement requests
- Generate a credit card payment from the applicant and distributing completed batches to the cashier s office. Verify all completed transactions and run designated reports. Troubleshoot information retrieved from the computer screen and manually searching to locate applications and documents within the Passport process. Update text in appropriate TDIS screen. Update Passport application information from the computer system
- Use a purging application for mature files
- Participate in customer service outreach activities including, but not limited to: naturalization ceremonies, travel shows, college and university events
- Serve as customer interface in providing Passport information to customers (general public, acceptance facilities, town clerks, law enforcement, applicants, other Government agencies, postal service, couriers, lock box vendors)
- Assist with acceptance agent training: prepare training materials, conduct meet-and-greets, set-up training sessions, conduct office tours, etc.
- Photocopy Acceptance Agent and Congressional newsletters and coordinate folding/stuffing/sealing/mail out
- Photocopy materials as needed and coordinate preparation of training packets for acceptance agent seminars. Assist CSM with passport acceptance facility certification and update corresponding acceptance facility databases
- Assist CSM in maintaining and cataloging electronic records of passport acceptance facilities
- Prepare and mail Certificates of Attendance for those acceptance agents who attend DOS training classes
- Distribute newsletters and any other correspondence to staff
- Prepare application for issuance of a non-receipt of a Passport and corrections of the issued Passport
- Contact applicants to request necessary documents
- Return applicant s personal documentation
- Resolve undeliverable mail items by contacting the customer and appropriately document all actions taken in a Share.
- Communicate with the cashier s office and coordination with Passport Specialist assigned to special task of re-issuance of applications
- Per the guidance of DOS Passport Specialists, generate correspondence to resolve application discrepancies, including: Return to Sender (RTS), Rewrites and Re-issues, and re-batch into the system
- Assist with various special projects as requested by the Government
- When required, relieve receptionist at lunch/breaks to answer administrative telephones
If you are interested in this opportunity or know someone who would be interested and qualified, contact Bonnie Garrett by sending a Word formatted resume to ...@kellyservices.com OR text 864-###-#### for more information. Kelly Services does not sponsor prospective employees for employment.
Important information: This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. To be considered for this position, you must call and/or submit your resume to Bonnie Garrett. Kelly Government Solutions (KGS) is a specialty service of Kelly Services, Inc., a leader in providing workforce solutions.
KGS provides experienced staff to the federal government and its key suppliers, including prime and small business contractors. Through services such as government contract staffing, workforce management and project management, and contract compliance services, KG
S is able to supply talent to both public and private sectors alike.
KGS offers engineering, IT, administrative, scientific, and healthcare professionals the opportunity to work with many of the prestigious Government organizations worldwide. Visit www.kellygovernmentsolutions.com
As a worker today, it s up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what s next is what we re all about. We know what s going on in the evolving world of work just ask the 440,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we re always thinking about what s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we re a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.
More Work-from-home Jobs
Uh oh! Something went wrong. Please try again.