MSDE Certified Pre K Teacher (Virtual)
Overwhelmingly, people who decide they want to be a part of the Y in Central Maryland tell us they do so because it reflects their values and a conscious decision they've made about how they choose to live their lives. The happiest and most fulfilled Y associates are those who are motivated to help others and who want to be a part of something larger than themselves.
If this speaks to your heart, then we invite you to join our team. Be a part of a charitable, mission-driven organization that works for individual and community well-beingfor all,for a better us.
How this role contributes to the Y's mission:
As a Y Certified Pre-K Teacher, you will plan, manage and supervise a Head Start classroom with a direct focus on school readiness skills by implementing a rigorous curriculum, schedules, routines and transitions. The Pre-K Teacher will partner with Teacher Assistant to lead the classroom, including support associates, while ensuring adherence to federal and state standards & regulations as well as to the Y's philosophy and approach to early childhood education. You'll be responsible for ensuring the health, welfare, and safety of the children in the program. You will create an environment which fosters the social, emotional, physical, cognitive, and creative development of each child in your care. As a Y Certified Pre-K Teacher, you'll contribute to the Y and to the broader community we serve by workingwith our littlest participants who are economically disadvantaged and help them prepare for success in school and life.
This work is right for you if you have:
- An interest in the well-being and education of young children, enthusiasm, patience, good humor, good judgment and a good spirit
- The ability to clearly communicate and effectively listen to children, parents/guardians, members, and other Y associates
- A degree in Early Childhood Education or a related field with a minimum of 18 credits in Early Childhood Education
- Prior experience teaching preschool aged children, including supervisory experience
- An active Maryland Educator Certificate in Early Childhood Education
Thank you for considering working for the Y in Central Maryland. If being a part of our cause feels right for you, we hope you will join us. The Y provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment.
- Job Family Early Childhood Development
- Pay Type Hourly
- Catonsville, MD, USA