Mortgage Loan Processor - Laurel Road (Fintech) at Key Bank in Dallas, TX
Key BankDallas, TX
Mortgage Loan Processor - Laurel Road (Fintech)
Laurel Road, a brand of Key Bank, is part of the expanding FinTech space: we offer Mortgages, Student Loans, and Personal Loans through a digital online experience, . We simplify the process for both borrowers and bankers, while increasing choices of products, improving tracking, and offering a positive banking experience.
This position will be temporarily remote due COVID-19. Upon return to the Laurel Road office, there is free secure parking and for those who chose to take the train, there is a short walk from the train station.
ABOUT THE JOB (JOB BRIEF)
The Mortgage Loan Processor I is responsible for ensuring loans are processed accurately and in a timely manner while maintaining compliance with all guidelines, policies and procedures established by federal, state, local and investor guidelines. In this role, it is important to ensure internal and external customer service expectations are exceedingly satisfied and to establish pro-active and timely communication to clients, Loan Officers, Branch referring partners, Underwriters and the closing department. The Mortgage Loan Processor I obtains necessary information and documentation to process and complete mortgage loan files. Verifies all documentation for accuracy and completeness. Knowledge of the mortgage loan process and associated documentation with a strong understanding of regulations and laws associated with residential lending is critical for success in this position. Ability to determine incomplete, inaccurate or missing information. To motivate, problem solve, counsel or influence others is a material part of the job, requiring a significant level of diplomacy and trust.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Review all loan applications for accuracy, completeness and compliance
- Monitor and maintain an application pipeline
- Image/index, review and submit completed files via the loan origination system to the underwriting department
- Directly communicate with Loan Officers, clients, service providers and branch referring partner to gather and clear underwriting conditions; primarily responsible for documentation collection
- Provide exceptional service for both internal and external customers
- Ordering third party documentation; verify vendor orders are complete and invoices received
- Communicate with various companies to obtain property survey, flood certificate, title commitment and payoff information
- Maintain knowledge of industry compliance standard rules and regulations
- Review Hazard Insurance for required coverage and Insurance Carrier rating
- Review title work for seasoning requirements, liens, entity issues, etc
- Review flood certificates for flood status
- High school diploma or equivalent work experience required
- Minimun of 2 years residential mortgage processing experience on agency products strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of PC (MS Windows and Office Products including Word, Excel, etc.)
- Knowledge of RESPA guidelines, general knowledge of all mortgage and consumer lending regulations strongly preferred
- Strong math and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, multi-task, meet deadlines and adapt to changing priorities with strong organizational skills.
- Proven success working in fast-paced, high volume environments
- Precise attention to detail
- Ability to network and interact with others to build internal relationships to foster team environment.
- Foundational knowledge of FHA, VA, Conventional, Jumbo (preferred). Other products, (i.e.) CP, USDA, HELOC preferred but not required
- Demonstrated strong customer service skills
- Ability to handle competing priorities effectively and within established timeframes
- High level of integrity and trust; must be a team player with a selfless attitude
- Ability to work varying hours and overtime if needed
- Employees in this job are required to comply with all rules and regulations of The Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 (The SAFE Act). Employees hired or transferring into this position will need to meet the qualification requirements, in Key's sole discretion, under Reg. Z, prior to acting as a loan originator in a consumer credit transaction secured by a dwelling.
Qualification requirements include but are not limited to an assessment of overall financial responsibility, character, and general fitness through review of a criminal background check, credit report, and information about any administrative, civil, or criminal findings by any government jurisdiction
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to engaging a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
More Work-from-home Jobs
Uh oh! Something went wrong. Please try again.