Mortgage Client Underwriting Specialist at Freedom Mortgage in Phoenix, AZ
Freedom MortgagePhoenix, AZ
Mortgage Client Underwriting Specialist
SummaryThe Client Underwriting Specialist is the primary liaison between our Account Executives and their clients, and is the primary operations contact. This individual will be responsible for monitoring an assigned pipeline, and will assist with moving loans (to final action) in a timely, efficient, and compliant manner. This individual additionally will be responsible for client contact / service delivery, as well as timely and accurate indexing, reviewing, condition clearing, and updating multiple loan origination systems (LOS). They must have effective and efficient communication skills, and the ability to prioritize and multi-task a variety of responsibilities that support internal and external clients.
Essential Job Functions:
- Serves as the direct link and primary point of contact between Freedom Mortgage and our clients to effectively manage a pipeline of loans through the origination process. (Rare to no direct borrower contact.)
- Timely and accurately follow-up and resolution to outstanding internal and external required transactional loan conditions. Ensure loans moved timely, and effectively through the process until final action (final approved, denied, closed, cancelled, or withdrawn).
- Meet / exceed productivity, quality, and overall employee operational team contribution expectations (i.e, flexibility, teamwork, attendance, collaboration, attitude, partnership, support, etc.).
- Provide customer service that focuses on the exact needs of clients providing status updates, clarifications, and accurate resolution of issues or outstanding loan conditions.
- Extensive product and process knowledge. Effective mortgage loan document and product / parameter expertise.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, accountable and responsible, detailed oriented, organized, proactive, and self-motivated.
- Ability to work with little supervision, multi-task, and work efficiently / effectively within required deadlines.
- Monitors and manages assigned pipeline, following aging loans (including DCW requirements), and updates to closing, and lock expiration dates in the LOS.
- Submit loans to underwriting for review within submission policy or work with clients to correct insufficient conditions.
- Clears / updates specific outstanding conditions per policy.
- Orders and ensures timely completion of various third-party services (i.e.
VOE, MI, validations, verifications, re-verifications, etc.)
- Urgently take ownership and resolve escalations with efficiency and professionalism.
- Direct internal communication with the Underwriting and Closing groups regarding various tasks & conditions to keep the loan moving forward.
- Provide the expected service levels in a changing environment without any disruption to the client.
- Accurate and timely updates to the Lending Operating System screens as required.
- Ability to learn quickly in an environment of constant change and effectively apply knowledge.
- Proficiency with AUS (DU & LP, etc.).
- Pass all annual training requirements.
Other Related Duties:
Performs other related duties as assigned.
ResponsibilitiesThis position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. Ability to communicate effectively and professionally (both oral and written) with clients. Ability to handle difficult scenarios when they arise and diffuse situations accurately with a positive outcome. Must be dependable and responsible to work in a remote location; proficient at process flow management.
High School Diploma or GED required and one to two years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred. Prior mortgage loan processing and/or junior underwriting experience a plus.
Must be available to work local Arizona time zone, Monday through Friday 8am
Founded in Mount Laurel, NJ in 1990, Freedom Mortgage has since grown into one of the largest and fastest-growing privately owned full-service residential lenders in the USA. Licensed in all 50 states, Washington D.C., Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands, Freedom Mortgage has over 5000 employees nationwide, proudly servicing $225.6 billion, and is still growing.
Our mission is to foster homeownership in America. Freedom is a leader in VA mortgage lending and is one of the mortgage industry s largest philanthropic supporters of the USO and military families through its Team Freedom Cares philanthropic arm.
Locations include suburban Philadelphia and Fishers, IN, two regions where we were named Top Workplaces. We also have large operating centers countrywide, including these desirable markets: Beaverton , OR; Boca Raton, FL; Columbia, MD; Jacksonville, FL; Melville, NY; Plano, TX; San Dimas, CA; Tempe, AZ; Troy, MI and Woodbridge, VA.
If you seek a sense of community, top training, opportunity for advancement, a comprehensive benefits package and reward and recognition program, look no further.
Freedom Mortgage Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, or their status as a protected veteran or an individual with disabilities. Local applicants encouraged to apply. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation. Smoke-free workplace. Drug-free work environment. Excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision and 401(k). All resumes are held in confidence. Only candidates whose profiles closely match requirements will be contacted during this search.
LENDER NMLS ID:2767
Equal Opportunity Employer
More Work-from-home Jobs
Uh oh! Something went wrong. Please try again.