Manager at McDonalds in Chicago, IL
You will be redirected to McDonalds's preferred application process.
Strategic Sourcing Manager - Enterprise Technology, Digital & Data
Job DescriptionThe role is part of the Technology Sourcing & Category Management team and is a critical role within the group of sub-category managers focused on Enterprise technology solutions
- Solutions that are deployed across our Corporate HQs and offered globally to our international operated markets and direct licensee markets. The Enterprise technology sub-team manages approx. $600-$800m spend per annum (USD) and is comprised of the managers and supervisors aligned to the following sub-categories; Enterprise Infrastructure Services, Enterprise Software & Services, and Digital & Data Services. Category managers within this group are expected to partner with both the Global Technology corporate level business function and stakeholders from other corporate functions to ensure that company-wide strategies are successfully supported through the selection, risk management, and contracting with technology providers that can fully meet McDonald's needs. The Digital & Data Category Manager is tasked with owning the category management, from development to execution, of the Digital & Data management strategies & solutions. Within this role you are expected to partner with multiple different corporate level functions (including the Global People, Global Supply Chain, Global Finance, Digital Customer Engagement, Global Impact, and other functions) in supporting the selection of solutions that can successful identify, integrate and consolidate different data sources and turn them into actionable insights. As a newly formed sub-category area this category is anticipated to grow to a $150-$300m per annum spend over the next three years. Category Managers within the Technology Sourcing & Category Management team are expected to deliver across the following responsibility areas: Stakeholder engagement & relationship management: Approx. 25% of time (around 10 hours per week) People management of direct reports & indirect resources (including project team based resources)Ongoing relationship management (1:1s) of relevant stakeholders.
Partnering with relevant members of the Global Technology Vendor Management Organization.
Alignment with GSC leadership & team members.
Alignment with GSC or Global Technology market-level based resources or segment leadership teams.
Category management development: Approx. 10% of time (around 4/5 hours per week)Developing a spend analysis of responsible portfolio of solutions (including actualized/estimated spend)Creating and maintaining category tree structure & definitions for sub-category responsibility area.
Keeping abreast of supplier information, industry news and critical developments with category space.
Working through risk identification and mitigation plans for category.
Highlighting innovation opportunities and competitor insights.
Building business cases for "should-do" opportunities independently developed for buy-in by stakeholders.
Sourcing capability development: Approx. 10% of time (around 4/5 hours per week)Contributing to/participating in Supply Chain team meetings/events.
Updating or adapting templates & tools as needed for successful execution of the role.
Planning & implementing category specific policies (such as mandatory asks/ways of working or contract terms)Defining category specific requirements baselines.
Researching procurement and sourcing best practice/new thinking.
Development of presentation materials (including stakeholder, market or supplier briefing presentations)Stakeholder training and awareness materials.
Reporting savings and/or value achievements.
Updating agreed pricing documentation, etc. Projects & initiatives: Approx. 55% of time (around 20 hours per week)Leading sourcing/provider selection events.
Completing discovery activities (such as market landscape, business readiness assessments, etc.)Project initiation tasks (stakeholder training sessions, project planning with PMO resources, etc.)Managing project team delivery in-line with responsibility alignment.
Event (RFx) materials build out, sign-off and issue.
Hosting supplier briefing sessions or supplier presentations.
- Project based work: Less than 1% of time (less than an hour per week)Providing guidance/inputs on renewals where no commercial negotiations are required.
Updating SOWs where no major commercial effort is needed.
Processing administrative tasks (meeting scheduling, etc.)Leadership at McDonald'sEveryone at McDonald's - no matter the role or position - is expected to be a leader. McDonald's utilize a leadership model framework that defines the characteristics & behaviors - the Building Blocks - that make all employees successful at McDonald's. This is termed the BEST leadership model which also incorporates the three areas in which employees must be proficient to accelerate our business results and deliver on our strategy: Execution, Strategy, Talent. Of the four levels of leadership defined at McDonald's, this role will be aligned to Leading Others -meaning that the successful candidate will lead individual contributors within this role. Areas of focus will be; motivating and coaching others, delegating. At this level it is an expectation that the role holder would shift from doing the work to getting work done through others by; defining and assigning work, communicating expectations, coaching/providing feedback/acquiring resources and problem solving, planning/organizing/delegating, building trust and open dialogue, managing the performance of others. The Strengths individuals at this level are expected to demonstrate are: Building Blocks
- Showing the qualities that enable high performance.
Acts in ways that show an openness to learning.
Able to modify approach/style and apply to new/ different situations.
Takes on challenges with energy and optimism.
Earns the trust and regard of others.
- Deliver on what matters most to the organization.
Delivers results that significantly impact the business.
Holds self and team members accountable for delivering high-quality work.
Finds a way to get things done with available resources.
Acts as a student of the business.
- Chart the right course by using data/critical thinking.
Leads with the customer in mind.
Stays connected to key stakeholders to stay up-to-date & identify market trends to guide work.
Understands how team's performance impacts McDonald's overall business.
- Build up teams and uplift growth.
Coaches & provides candid feedback for development & growth.
Provides direction, alignment and support to improve performance of teams.
Finds ways to incorporate others' best thinking into solutions.
Helps others adapt in the face of resistance.
QualificationsWho we are looking for & individual qualities desiredWe are looking to recruit and hire individuals that have a real and genuine commitment to building a career focused on specialization and progression within the indirect procurement and sourcing field. McDonald's offers incredible opportunities for individuals who already have a solid baseline of knowledge within an indirect procurement or sourcing role that are looking to further develop their experience on a global level, through access to a portfolio of solutions that are deployed across a truly worldwide scope. Development within this role will be follow the 70/20/10 model of training and development. In order to thrive within this role, you will need to be able to regularly and consistently demonstrate the following individual qualities: Influential:
A natural storyteller, with inherent talent for building compelling narratives in order to influence the right audiences at the right times. Must be able to empathically position to understand what is driving the positions of our stakeholders, suppliers and franchisee owners.
Proactive: Takes charge for building or developing a pipeline of opportunities for what we should be doing rather than reacting solely to demand for support. Balancing these needs in the context of how to best serve the entire organization in supporting our business goals & objectives.
Strategic: Intelligently identify and elicit potential needs beyond those that are directly stated as desired by our stakeholders.
Determined: Strong willed individual that is able to lead large and complex stakeholder groups/teams towards objective based outcomes to firm deadlines.
Persistent: Natural ability to posture for and seed, mutually beneficial, longer term outcomes during course of delivering upon shorter term goals. Achieve whilst working with strong willed senior role holders (internally & externally)Curious: Capacity and willingness to learn from external and internal sources. Fully bought into the spirit of 'continuous improvement' with real desire to bring new thinking, best practice and innovative ideas to McDonald's for consideration to adop.
Prior experience of: Minimum of 5 years' prior experience in strategic sourcing or commensurate experience in related global scope functions. Experience in Technology or Professional Services category management or sourcing roles.
Knowledge and understanding of contracting with service partners utilizing agile processes and methodology.
Confident and clear delivery of conclusions to Executive level or Officer level leadership.
Possession of a strong working knowledge of procurement best practices, including supplier negotiations, selection, evaluation, management, and development; must be able to demonstrate "hands-on" experience.
Think critically and structure analysis to solve poorly defined problems.
Strong track record of negotiating for mutually beneficial contracts and business relationships.
Outstanding past experience of achieving positive working relationships internally and externally.
Natural ability to effectively communicate complex topics in a simple way via written and oral methods.
Able to problem solve and search for answers using internal and external network/sources.
Organized and able to effectively manage a number of responsibilities/projects at once.
Minimum Qualification Expectations: Bachelors' Degree in IT, Business, Supply Chain, or STEM fields required.
MBA preferred. C.P.M. (Certified Purchasing Manager) or C.I.P.S. (Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply) designation is a plus
You will be redirected to McDonalds's preferred application process.