Logistics Analyst at LMI in Arlington County, VA
LMI📌 Arlington County, VA
You will be redirected to LMI's preferred application process.
Logistics Analyst - Clearance Required
OverviewLMI is seeking a Logistics Planner/Operational Contract Support (OCS) Analyst for a position supporting the Joint Staff (J4), OCS Division in the pentagon. Substantial telework is an option. This is a great opportunity to join an established team setting the conditions to better plan and manage commercial support to military operations. Overview. The successful candidate will work on a team of subject matter experts to integrate OCS, a joint capability described in Joint Publication 4-10-Operational Contract Support, into joint policy, doctrine, operational planning, training, processes, and systems. While contracted support is the immense capability and capacity represented by the private sector in military operations, OC
S is the government's capability to plan for, procure, and manage that commercial capability to military operations. The ideal candidate would have recent experience in one or more of the following areas listed in priority order:
1. Combatant Command (CCMD), Joint Task Force (JTF), or Service component command experience in planning or managing contracted support to military forces in overseas military operations or joint exercises, experience in military operations planning in a joint or Service component environment to shape, develop, and review operational plans, annexes, and appendices that integrate commercial support Experience drafting operational, warning, execute, and fragmentary orders.
Proficiency in developing and synchronizing exercise objectives, scenarios, and events (e.g., MSEL injects) to realistically integrate commercial support into joint exercises and operational planning events to train personnel to combat readiness standards
2. Joint Staff or Office of the Secretary of Defense experience in, or working closely with, one of the following Joint Staff Directorates: (J3) Operations; (J5) Plans; (J4) Logistics; (J7) Force Development; or (J2) Intelligence. Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with senior staff, as well as tactical and operational officers. The purpose of such interaction is to persuade, motivate, influence, justify, negotiate, or resolve operational planning matters involving OCS, logistics, and operational relevance (opportunities and risks) of commercial support to operations. Expert proficiency in oral and written communications. The candidate must be skilled at writing concisely, expressing thoughts clearly, and developing ideas in logical sequence.
3. North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) or Supreme Headquarters Allied Powers Europe (SHAPE) experience in policy, doctrine, logistics, operational planning or contractor support to operations (CSO) to include working with NATO agencies, commands, committees, or organizations such as the NATO Support Procurement Agency (NSPA), Allied Command Transformation (ACT), Allied Command Operations (ACO), Joint Logistics Support Group (JLSG), Standing Joint Logistics Support Group (SJLSG), Logistics Committee (LE), or NATO Defence Planning Process (NDPP).
4. Instructor experience in a military environment teaching joint operational planning, operational contract support, or other joint operational doctrine concepts and procedures.
5. Acquisition experience specifically related to contingency contracting, vendor vetting, or developing operational planning factors or contract requirements supporting contingency operations (e.g., LOGCAP and AFCAP)LMI is a consultancy dedicated to improving the business of government, drawing from deep expertise in advanced analytics, digital services, logistics, and management advisory services. Established as a private, not-for-profit organization in 1961, LMI is a trusted third party to federal civilian and defense agencies, free of commercial and political bias. We operate completely free of political and commercial bias, and we are entirely aligned with the goals of our clients. Our clients value our specialized services in logistics, intelligence, homeland security, health care, and energy and environment markets. We believe government can make a difference, and we seek talented, hardworking people who share that conviction. We offer a generous compensation package with excellent benefits that start the first day of employment. Business casual dress, flex time, and tuition reimbursement are a few of our many work-life benefits available to our employees. Responsibilities.
Responsibilities may include: The primary duties of this position are to integrate commercial support into joint operational planning, review and assess operational plans and orders to ensure adequate planning for contracted support, and to support training, exercises, and other joint force development activities advancing the operational relevance and reality of contracted support to military operations. To be effective, the candidate should have recent and strong operational or logistics planning experience that lends itself to the following tasks: Originate, conceive, and conduct commercial support planning and execution research, process analysis, and studies leading to: Improvements in OCS joint planning and execution and integration into the joint training systemOCS execution tools that enable and support CCMD/JTF headquarters OCS capability.
Instruction on OCS concepts, tactics, techniques and procedures to deploying personnel.
Planning factors and methods that anticipate contracted support requirements to prompt planners.
Operating within the Joint Planning Process, apply strategic and operational OCS guidance to review and offer analytical inputs to CCMD-created CONPLANS and OPLANS, WARNORDS, OPORDS, and FRAGOS or supporting Service component plans and orders. Review and develop policy, instructions, joint doctrine, manuals, handbooks, procedures, briefings, talking points, information papers, training requirements or products, or other guidance as they relate to OCS and contracted support. Adjust to shifts in priorities and manage multiple tasks simultaneously that may include staff support relating to current operations. A 9 month objective of this position, after appropriate indoctrination and training, is to become an instructor for the Joint OCS Planning and Execution Course (JOPEC), which teaches application of OCS in planning and operations.
JOPEC is taught to students ranging from senior non-commissioned officers to senior officers.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONSNOTE: Any candidate with School of Advanced Military Studies (SAMS), Joint Advanced Warfighting (JAWS), Maritime Advanced Warfighting School (MAWS), School of Advanced Warfighting (SAW), or School of Advanced Air and Space Studies (SAASS), graduate certification is qualified for this position regardless of other experience. Active, final Top Secret Clearance.
Master's degree and 4 years related experience in joint planning, contingency contracting, or OCS as defined in Joint Publication 4-10, Operational Contract Support, OR a Bachelor's degree and 8 years related experience in joint planning, contingency contracting, or OCSGraduate of Phase I JPME DESIRED SKILLSGraduate of Phase 2 JPMEExperience as a U.S. Army Logistics Support Plans and Operations (SPO) Officer or other joint or Service equivalent (J/G/A/N/S-4)Recent experience planning and executing combined and joint operations at the theater/CCMD/JTF or component level, experience with the Joint Training System, joint interagency operations planning, logistics, and civil-military operations conducted at CCMD or Service component command levelNATO experience.
Familiarity with key stakeholders and organizations in the OCS Communities of InterestEEO StatementLMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer, where all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Job SummaryJob ID: 2020-5661 of Openings: 1
You will be redirected to LMI's preferred application process.
Job Expires: February 21, 2021
More Work-from-home Jobs
Uh oh! Something went wrong. Please try again.