Infrastructure Engineering at Magellan Health Services in Myrtle Point, Oregon
Magellan Health ServicesMyrtle Point, Oregon
Manager, Infrastructure Engineering - Information Security - Remote
Looking for a Manager, Infrastructure Engineering within Information Security that would serve as a focal technical lead on incident events and incidents. This is a fully remote position, allowing you to work from home from anywhere inside the US.Duties include:
* Must be highly technical, hands-on and also capable of serving as the primary point of contact with senior management
* Investigate network intrusions and other cyber security incidents to determine the cause and scope of impact. Includes ability to perform host-based and network-based analysis across all major operating systems and network device platforms.
* Summarize events/incidents effectively to different constituencies such as legal counsel, executive management and technical staff, both in written and verbal forms.
* Managing the chain of custody for all evidence collected during incidents and security investigations
* Create a curriculum and conduct in-house training sessions, individualized if needed, for Security Operations staff, to ensure appropriate development of skills and continued innovation as well a facilitating incident management team exercises and events.
This position leads an infrastructure team and coordinates projects to meet client needs. Builds a strong team by setting example, encouraging T-shaped skills and provide the necessary training and mentoring to accomplish these goals. Coaches the team to grow the capabilities of other engineers on the team as well as providing administrative support. Ensures that's the standards and procedures are followed during design and implementation of information systems. Responsible for monitoring the systems to ensure the highest level of infrastructure performance. Works with customer to define epics and refine requirements into actionable stories. Conducts employee reviews, staffing and other resource management tasks. Essential Functions:
* Ensures that all work is getting accomplished by making assignments and monitoring tasks. This includes balancing work between team and ensuring that the proper policies and procedures are being followed.
* Assists in estimating work effort associated with new project requests.
* Assists in planning for the development and support of a functional systems area.
* Reviews and evaluates work of subordinate staff and prepares performance reports.
* Responsible for resolution of complex database issues escalated from database operations.
* Leads and manage projects for both internal team and external IT teams.
* Special projects as assigned by management. Other Job Requirements.
Responsibilities* 5+ years of related experience including a minimum of 3+ years of designing, building and maintaining high quality, secure infrastructure systems in IT, experience working with Agile Methods and modern data center and cloud environments.
* Experience moving across different departments within IT to gain a broader perspective of the business/industry.
* Familiar with a variety of concepts, practices, and procedures.
* 2 or more certifications of the following:
AWS Sysops Certification, MTA, MSCA, Cisco
- CCNA, CCNP, Database Administration (Oracle, SQL Server, Big Data/Hadoop), Avaya (ACA, ACSS, ASIC, ACE), AWS Solutions Architect Associate Certification, ITIL v3 Foundations, Kepner
- Tregoe Resolve or Agile and Design Thinking (Coursera).
* Critical thinker.
* Demonstrated problem solving techniques.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to coach and build skills within the team.
* Experience in health care, insurance or related field. General Job Information.
Bachelors: Computer and Information Science.
License and Certifications
License and Certifications
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace.
EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
More Work-from-home Jobs
Uh oh! Something went wrong. Please try again.