Front-end Software Engineer at Walmart in Sunnyvale, CA
You will be redirected to Walmart's preferred application process.
(USA) Senior Manager II, Software Engineering - Ecomm - Search Frontend
Job Function Software Development and Engineering Employment Type Regular/Permanent Requisition R-493770
Position SummaryWhat you'll do Principal Software Engineer Leads and directs in large-scale, complex, cross-functional projects by reviewing project requirements; translating requirements into technical solutions; directing and reviewing design artifacts (for example, proof of concepts, prototypes); writing and developing code; overseeing software design; reviewing unit test cases; communicating status and issues to team members and stakeholders; directing project team and cross functional teams; enhancing design to prevent reoccurrences of defects; ensuring on-time delivery and hand-offs; interacting with project manager to provide input on project plan; and providing leadership to the project team. Leads the work of cross-functional groups of ten to twenty engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects by providing pertinent documents, direction, and examples; identifying short and long term solutions and timeline; reviewing and approving proposed solutions; implementing new architectural patterns; and performing design and code reviews of changes. Directs root cause analysis of critical business and production issues by reviewing and analyzing information (for example, issue, impact, criticality, possible root cause); directing actions as designated in the plan; interpreting the results to determine further action; directing root cause analysis to prevent future occurrence of issues; and reviewing and approving online documentation. Supports business objectives by collaborating with business partners to identify opportunities and drive resolution; partnering with business to define priorities; identifying short- and long-term solutions; and leading cross-functional partnership. Leads the discovery phase of large projects to develop high level design by partnering with the Product Management, Web Operations, Project Management, Business and User Experience teams; obtaining cross-function approvals; driving proof-of-concept; and implementing prototypes to validate ideas. Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating business plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance accordingly; developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning. Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based work environment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards; coaching for success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness. Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy. Ensures business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost effectiveness; and participating in and supporting community outreach events. You'll sweep us off our feet if... Minimum
QualificationsJava, Scala, J2EE
ExperienceExposure to Big Data Pipelines Exposure to Machine Learning and AI GCP and Azure
ExperienceKafka and/or Lambda Architecture
QualificationsExposure to Marketing Tech Exposure to Advertising Tech The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits& Perks Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more. Equal Opportunity Employer Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being inclusive of all people. Who We Are Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune 1 company. But you'll quickly find we're a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work.
A career at Walmart is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you'll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life About Global Tech Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of 15,000 software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world's largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our
2. 2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption. We're virtual Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We'll collaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purpose. Minimum
QualificationsOutlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 5 years' experience in software engineering or related field OR 7 years' experience in software engineering or related field. 2 years' supervisory experience.
Preferred QualificationsOutlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications. Master's degree in Computer Science or related field and 4 years' experience in software engineering or related field Primary Location 600 WEST CALIFORNIA AVENUE, SUNNYVALE, CA 94086-2486, United States of America About Walmart At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability-and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industries-all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity - unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being inclusive of all people. You don't have to choose between your career and your lifestyle in Silicon Valley. Here, you can have both. Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation. Beauty Filoli Gardens, Woodside View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654-acre property. Art SFMOMA Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
EducationComputer History Museum Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life. Purpose The Dish Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation. Beauty Filoli Gardens, Woodside View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654-acre property. Reflect Golden Gate Cemetery This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country. Explore Golden Gate Park, SF Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city. Imagine The Tech Museum This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth
- Silicon Valley. Shop Santana Row
- San Jose Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine a San Jose shopping trifecta. Disconnect Pacifica State Beach Learn to surf or visit the "World's Most Scenic Taco Bell" at this
0. 75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration. Reflect Golden Gate Cemetery This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country. Explore Golden Gate Park, SF Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city. All the benefits you need for you and your family Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more Associate discounts in-store and online Education assistance for Associate and dependents Pay during military service Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One. Walmart.com/Benefits . Frequently asked questions On average, how long does it take to fill out an application?
Can I change my application after submitting?
How do you protect my personal information?
You will be redirected to Walmart's preferred application process.