Engineer I Software
Engineer I-Software Company: Ball Aerospace
Location: Broomfield, CO, US, 80020 Date: Sep 11, 2020 Job Category: Engineering/ Technical Req.
ID: 718 Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. The Systems Engineering Solutions Strategic Business Unit provides advanced systems engineering and technology applications for intelligence and information enterprises. These applications and solutions deliver enterprise data management, data analytics, modeling and simulation, and technology assessment capabilities that are used to create products that offer actionable information in support of warfighters and decision makers. This position is contingent upon contract award and is located in Springfield, VA Software Engineer I What you'll do:
- Provide front end development to support prototyping of algorithm-driven geospatial feature ranking and methods for feature/object detection and attribution.
- Work with data scientists to implement solutions using a variety of state-of-the-art open source and cloud based technologies to solve data analysis and prediction problems using geospatial imagery and contextual data.
- Create and analyze highly complex software engineering architectures and designs.
- Provide functional and empirical analysis related to the design, development, and implementation of software systems, including, but not limited to application software, utility software, development software, and diagnostic software.
- Participate in the development of test strategies, devices, and systems.
- Design and develop advanced networking techniques.
- Typically work in highly complex areas where ingenuity and creativity are required to provide solutions to major design problems.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the SBU/SSU and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary. What you'll need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 2 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Master's Degree or Ph. D., may substitute for two years of related experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Demonstrated experience in at least two of the following: Angular, Java
Script or HTML application development Web services architecture, design, and development Micro-service architecture, design and development
- Experience with Agile philosophies, serving on a scrum team.
- Experience with Continuous Delivery and Continuous Integration (CI/CD) techniques, test-driven development, and automated testing practices.
- Ability to design and develop advanced networking techniques.
- Background in requirements analysis, design, and coding methodologies; documentation standards; configuration management; DoD software policies; and DoD test and evaluation requirements; real-time operating systems, distributed systems, modeling and simulation; data base design and management, and resource utilization assessment.
- Development of customized code, scripts, modules, macro procedures, or libraries to implement specialized spatial analysis functions preferred.
- Integration and tailoring of geospatial Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) software applications; specialized software development and maintenance; integration of related specialized hardware; engineering studies to identify and remedy geodata processing bottlenecks preferred.
- Experience working with and developing geospatial information systems (GIS) to include open-source and proprietary geospatial formats preferred.
- Use and development with common geospatial tools, data, and operating platforms. These may include, but are not limited to: (Preferred) Tools
- Boundless Spatial suite, Remote View, PostGRES/PostGIS, Oracle Spatial and/or other geospatial databases, ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Server, Image Server, and File Geodatabases. Data formats including KML, KMZ, NITF, TIFF, JPEG, GeoPDF, and similar geo-related formats and data structures. Operating Platforms
- ESRI, OpenGeo Suite, or similar.
- In-depth experience abstracting new or legacy systems via standards-based APIs to include web services. Including but not limited to Open Geospatial Consortium standards preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in at least one of the following preferred: Developing terrain analysis visualization and algorithms. Developing automated detection algorithms. Working Conditions:
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
LI-SMOOT A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position. Relocation for this position is not available.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Nearest Major Market: Denver