Electrician Tech-Lead at King County, WA in Seattle, WA
King County, WA📌 Seattle, WA
🏷️ Full Time
You will be redirected to King County, WA's preferred application process.
Industrial Instrument/Electrician Tech-Lead (WP)
WHO MAY APPLY: This position is open to all qualified applicants. Please note that first priority will be given to S.E.I.U., Wastewater Local 925 transfer and internal candidates. Please note: This job posting may be used to create a list of qualified candidates to fill vacancies that may occur during the following six months at either of the three treatment plants.
The work associated with this position will primarily be performed onsite; this is not a telework position. Employees must reside in WA state and within a reasonable distance to their King County worksite to respond to workplace reporting requirements. Please note that when an employee conducts work that is likely to bring them in contact with another individual, safety precautions are required by the department in alignment with the Public Health Directive from the Seattle & King County Public Health Officer.
The individual selected for this opportunity will be joining an innovative and progressive team. King County is doing its part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and remains committed to reducing our carbon footprint.
WTD is committed to the principles of equity and social justice. We value diverse perspectives and life experiences in our workforce and are committed to building a culturally diverse and inclusive environment.
WTD strives to provide equitable services to residents and businesses across King County. King County and WTD value life experience and encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, women, people with disabilities, and veterans. To learn more, please visit: http://www.kingcounty.gov/elected/executive/equity-social-justice.aspx
SCHEDULEThe treatment plants are operated 24/
7. Applicants must be available to work any and all assigned shift schedules. This position is covered under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and is overtime eligible. This full-time position works a 40-hour workweek.
This position oversees and supervises the technical work of employees performing instrumentation and electrical control work in a wastewater treatment plant and associated facilities. Incumbents perform specific instrumentation and/or electrical duties and responsibilities and are considered working technical leads.
- Provide lead direction and technical supervision to assigned staff. Lead responsibilities include determining work assignments, work priorities, work schedules, training, participating in hiring and providing feedback on performance evaluations. Technical responsibilities include but are not limited to training, troubleshooting, repairing and the maintenance of control systems.
- Write material requests to replace defective parts or additions to spare parts inventory. Review preventative maintenance procedures and practices on plant control systems; review documentation of changes made in plant and associated facilities instrument/electrical control systems; update technical and program documentation. Perform preventive maintenance and repair of uninterruptible power supplies equipment including the servicing and replacement of batteries.
- Troubleshoot, repair and maintain all wastewater treatment plant control systems (computer, electronic, pneumatic, hydraulic, electrical and power distribution).
- Analyze industrial processes in troubleshooting and repair of process control instrumentation.
- Design new controls and modify existing control systems.
- Troubleshoot and repair supervisory and distributed control systems and programmable logic controllers; apply electronic theory, digital electronics and proportional integral derivative control strategies to implement program changes to a distributed control system (DCS), programmable logic controllers (PLC), and supervisory and data acquisition systems.
- Determinate appropriate inventory of spare parts for critical instrumentation. Repair and maintain the methane gas systems, including the programmable logic controller (PLC), gas compressors, gas drying system and control and operation of waste gas burners or flares. Review blueprints, work orders and shop drawings to establish work schedules and to facilitate coordination of maintenance work.
- Coordinate and assist with other crafts when needed to perform the assigned task. Assist in the inspection of instrumentation installed by external vendors or contractors. Witness and assess loop commission testing.
- Work with operations staff, engineers, and suppliers to explain the functioning of processes and procedures needed to operate new equipment.
- Install, modify, and upgrade new and existing electrical systems, fixtures and other related electrical equipment in compliance with local and national electrical codes. Perform maintenance and repairs on (low, medium and high voltage) switchgear, transformers, power generators, and distribution systems.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, perform preventative maintenance, and repair all motor control centers with associated equipment and control devices and variable-frequency and direct-current drives, including adjustment of speed profiles, troubleshooting to component levels and replacement when needed.
- Troubleshoot, reprogram, and modify programmable logic controllers. Modify control circuits and related control devices and equipment. Troubleshoot, maintain, and perform repairs, including repairs to distributive control systems and related hardware.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Experience, Qualifications, Knowledge,
- Journey level work experience (four years) in an industrial maintenance environment. Knowledge of the application of national electrical codes, electrical distribution and generation principles and techniques.
- Knowledge of different functions of electrical equipment and electrical troubleshooting and diagnosis.
- Knowledge of physics, chemistry, and mathematics.
- Knowledge of programmable logic controllers (PLC), basic motors and controls, and soldering techniques and splicing.
- Knowledge of electronic/electrical circuits, instrumentation, and test equipment. Knowledge of PID control loops. Knowledge of preventive maintenance procedures. Knowledge of purchasing techniques and principles.
- Knowledge of industrial safety procedures.
- Knowledge of supervisory techniques and principles including human resources principles and techniques Demonstrated skill in running conduit and installing wire and variable frequency drive programming, maintenance, and repair.
- Demonstrated skill in using electrical and electronic test equipment, troubleshooting equipment using limited documentation, designing or modifying technical publications and instrumentation/electrical drawings, designing and engineering instrument and electrical control systems; and applying industrial codes and guidelines to design, install and maintain all plant instrumentation.
- Demonstrated skill in using a computer and related software.
- Demonstrated skill in operating power and hand tools.
Skills: skill in oral and written communication techniques and principles and the ability to apply this skill in reading, writing, and following oral and written instructions.
- Demonstrated skill in working in a team environment Licensing.
LICENSING / CERTIFICATION
- Washington State Driver's License
- Completion of an apprenticeship program or equivalent training (documentation maybe required)
UNION MEMBERSHIP : This position is represented by Wastewater S.E.I.U. Local 925.
The position requires the ability to work all shift schedules and required to report to work during adverse and inclement weather conditions Incumbents perform fieldwork at a wastewater treatment plant and associated facilities and are required to lift and carry equipment weighing up to 50 pounds, use ladders, and there is exposure to hazardous chemicals and noxious odors.
SELECTION PROCESS: Transfer candidates will be selected based on the CBA. Reviews of performance appraisals, personnel files, internal reference, BT usage logs, etc. will also be conducted before any final job offer. For external candidates, application materials will be screened for clarity, completeness including the online application, cover letter and resume, and responsiveness to the list of qualifications, skills, and abilities. The most competitive candidates may be invited to participate in one or more panel interviews. Applications without the following required materials may not be considered for this position
- King County application
For more information regarding this recruitment, please contact:
Senior Human Resource Analyst
Forbes recently named King County as one of Washington State's best employers.
Together, with leadership and our employees, we're changing the way government delivers service and winning national recognition as a model of excellence. Are you ready to make a difference Come join the team dedicated to serving one of the nation's best places to live, work and play
Guided by our " True North ", we are making King County a welcoming community where every person can thrive. We value diversity, inclusion and belonging in our workplace and workforce. To reach this goal we are committed to workforce equity. Equitable recruiting, support, and retention is how we will obtain the highest quality workforce in our region; a workforce that shares and will help advance our guiding principles--we are one team; we solve problems; we focus on the customer; we drive for results; we are racially just; we respect all people; we lead the way; and we are responsible stewards. We encourage people of all backgrounds and identities to apply, including Native American and people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQ+, people living with disabilities, and veterans.
King County is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer
No person is unlawfully excluded from employment opportunities based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation and pregnancy), age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other protected class. Our EEO policy applies to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, selection for training, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Closing Date/Time: 1/21/2021 11:59 PM Pacific
You will be redirected to King County, WA's preferred application process.
Job Expires: February 13, 2021
More Work-from-home Jobs
Uh oh! Something went wrong. Please try again.