Director at Medtronic in Minneapolis, MN
Medtronic📌 Minneapolis, MN
🏷️ Best practices
You will be redirected to Medtronic's preferred application process.
Director, Product Manager, Global Downstream - Patient Management
Careers That Change Lives.
Digital Health Transformation Bring your business acumen and exceptional marketing capabilities to develop and commercialize solutions that maximize value to the patient. Be a part of a fast paced, innovative marketing organization driven by an unfettered commitment to our patients and the Medtronic mission. The Patient Management Commercialization Team is now seeking a passionate, inspiring global-minded people leader as the Commercialization Director for our Patient Management Portfolio. You will relentlessly advocate for the patient, their expressed and unexpressed needs, as we deliver innovative end to end solutions. You will lead product launches, portfolio positioning & messaging for our global monitor portfolio in close collaboration with business Core Teams and Operations. Further, you will work collaboratively across Cardiac Rhythm & Heart Failure to bring about a move to patient centricity that hastens business growth. About Patient Management: Once a patient receives an implanted cardiac device, the care doesn't stop there. It's only the beginning of a long-term relationship that the patient establishes with the provider. Staying connected to cardiac device patients is critical. However, we know that's difficult- given the demands physicians face every day. At Medtronic, our goal is to provide physicians with tools that simplify how cardiac device patients are managed and help give the insight needed to make better, faster decisions- so patients' health can be restored. Our digital patient management offerings connect physicians and patients and their cardiac device data at every point of care:
- Remote monitoring for the home and acute settings-such as the ER and OR -Programmers for implants and in-clinic device follow-up
- Information Systems that integrate cardiac device data for the device clinicA Day in the Life:
- Lead the Patient Management Product Commercialization & Launch function
- Develop comprehensive marketing plans including customer segmentation, brand positioning and messaging, competitive strategy, field training and customer education.
- Planning, initiating, monitoring, tracking marketing projects and process improvement initiatives and facilitating successful, on-time and within budget execution. Initiatives include developing and implementing new product launches, designing and implementing various marketing campaigns.
- Collaborate with global partners and key opinion leaders to effectively communicate our Patient Management value proposition, differentiation from competition, and identify new market segment opportunities.
- Sets clear direction and management objectives that aligns with defined practices and policies and enhances the organization's assessment of existing and potential markets and for the development of new and innovative solutions to meet customer needs.
- Directs day to day activities for multiple work-stream teams through managing project plans, resourcing, status reporting, resolving issues, identifying project risks and accountabilities for deliverables across multiple functional organizations. Establishes meaningful metrics and tracks against them.
- Interacts and works closely with other departments, such as but not limited to Sales, Medical Education, Field Training and Development, Regulatory Affairs to ensure marketing programs achieve Medtronic's short and long-term goals while remaining consistent with organization's overall mission.
- Develop and maintain relationships with customers and key opinion leaders. Work with the team to define and execute on customer feedback planning - through market research, field travel & customer visits.
- Communicate effectively and ensure leadership is well informed and aligned with key strategies and recommendations. Provide ongoing reporting of Patient Management franchise and product launch progress to plan, measure impact of marketing initiatives, sales analysis, competitive analysis and customer feedback. Present to senior leadership at Business Reviews.
- Lead a team of marketers. reviews the work of a team of professionals and/or vendors who exercise latitude and independence in their assignments.
- Build, develop and promote marketing talents within the team and across the organization.
- Global Readiness for all PM platform releases across the CRM/DX and MCS OU.
- Unique and Expanded Responsibility: Every Patient Everywhere Evergreen Campaign, Digital Health Leadership Campaign, leads 2-3 yr Portfolio Positioning, MCS/DX OU Commercialization Interface.
- Success is measured as: Flawless Launch & Market share gain
- This role will work closely with the leaders of CRM, MCS, DX and Central Marketing to deliver new marketing campaigns that drive device share and solution awareness.
- Travel globally up to 35%. Spend significant time in the field with sales personnel and customers to understand their perspective and ideas and stay at the front of market dynamics and changes. Represent the customer during internal meetings and represent the company at advisory boards and medical congresses. Additional responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned.
- Directs the development of company market requirements for specific product(s) or product line(s).
- Leads and coordinates product planning, product launches, product management, market development and market research activities.
- Interacts directly with product managers to identify new marketing opportunities.
- Works individually or with a team in recommending action, scheduling and planning projects, estimating cost and managing projects to completion.
- Identifies unmet customer requirements and new business opportunities and provides vision and focus to move products from idea to market place.
- Facilitates and coordinates marketing activities with geographic areas to increase teamwork and build partnerships.
- Responsibilities may also include: coordinating trade show activities, website development, developing future e-commerce strategies, and tracking of marketing campaigns to evaluate results and provide recommendations for future marketing promotions. Must Have: Minimum
Requirements- Bachelors degree required
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience with 7 years of managerial experience, or advanced degree with a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience with 7 years of managerial experience.
Nice to Have:
- MBA or Master's degree preferred
- Digital and software product launch and product marketing
- Global experience with demonstrated success in understanding and interpreting cultural differences
- Proven ability to work in, and motivate cross-functional teams
- Upstream and downstream medical device marketing experience
- Strong knowledge of the global healthcare market
- Previous people management experience
- Experience developing and successfully executing marketing plans
- Experience in strategic product development planning
- Experience developing brand strategy and tactics to grow volume and market share
- Ability to clearly communicate marketing strategy and tactical plans to applicable field teams
- Demonstrated success in developing relationships with colleagues, customers and industry KOLs
- Skills in financial analysis, and forecasting
- Ability to adapt and change within dynamic corporate and business environment.
About Medtronic Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be. We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let's work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients' lives. Help us shape the future. Physical
Job RequirementsThe physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For Office Roles: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. Contact your manager or local HR to understand the Work Conditions and Physical requirements that may be specific to each role. (ADA-United States of America) Additional Information Posting Date: Jan 6, 2021Travel: No
You will be redirected to Medtronic's preferred application process.
Job Expires: February 18, 2021
More Work-from-home Jobs
Uh oh! Something went wrong. Please try again.