Computer Vision / Machine Learning Research Engineer
Date Posted September 04, 2020 Category Science-Computer Sciences Employment Type Full-time Application Deadline Open until filled Job Description Computer Vision / Machine Learning Research Engineer-22551 Position Description Are you searching for engaging work with an employer that prioritizes impact, innovation, and personal development?
Do you value working in a creative and collaborative environment?
Does devising and developing groundbreaking applications for everything from UAVs to spacecraft sound like your dream job?
If so, we are looking for someone like you to join our team at APL. We are seeking a Computer Vision and Machine Learning Research Engineer to develop inventive, ground breaking solutions for challenges in machine perception. You will be joining our team of hardworking scientists and engineers dedicated to the development of novel imaging and perception systems for remote sensing and Earth observation. As a member of our team, you will
- Primarily conduct research to engineer practical solutions for imaging systems based on groundbreaking methods in computer vision and machine learning
- Contribute to state of the art research and author and present your work at leading academic conferences and workshops
- Engage with sponsor and user communities to understand critical needs and assess the practical impact of your work Qualifications : You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you
- Have a proven understanding of computer vision and machine learning theory
- Possess practical experience applying machine learning to computer vision tasks using Python and modern frameworks such as scikit-learn, Tensorflow, or PyTorch
- Can demonstrate the ability to communicate complex ideas orally and in technical writing
- Have completed a Master's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related technical field
- Possess the ability to obtain a Department of Defense Secret security clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship. You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you
- Have experience working in a collaborative environment
- Are passionate about and experienced in developing open source research software
- Have experience publishing at a top-tier computer vision conference
- Possess a Master's or PhD degree in a related discipline Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation's most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. While we are dedicated to solving complex challenges and pioneering new technologies, what makes us truly outstanding is our culture. We offer a vibrant, welcoming atmosphere where you can bring your authentic self to work, continue to grow, and build strong connections with inspiring teammates. At APL, we celebrate our differences and encourage creativity and bold, new ideas. Our employees enjoy generous benefits, including a robust education assistance program, unparalleled retirement contributions, and a healthy work/life balance.
APL's campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities at . Primary Location United States-Maryland-Laurel Apply Please mention PhdJobs to employers when