Android Developer at Newscycle in Rochester, MN
Android Developer (Remote or in Office)
NAVIGA is the leading provider of software and services powering the global media industry. We are seeking a Senior Android Engineer to work with our Mobile team in our office in Rochester, Minnesota.
It's a great opportunity if you are looking to work in a tight knit team of experienced developers, where problem solving, and autonomy are highly regarded. We work with several of the biggest media companies in the world, as clients, while delivering innovative technical solutions to the media industry. Knowledge sharing and learning from your colleagues is strongly encouraged and practiced.
We offer the following benefits/ perks:
- PTO, Health
- Vision Insurance, Tuition Reimbursements, and Life insurance
- The Rochester office offers a collaborative, laid-back environment which allows for flexibility in your daily schedule. In addition to a great work environment, we offer snacks and drinks provided in the office, ergonomic desk and chairs, massage chair in the break room, plenty of window views as well as daily walks outside (when the Minnesota weather allows).
Job Duties and
- You'll be responsible for the development and delivery of Android applications for multiple platforms.
- You'll be an essential part of our Android team.
- You'll define, design and ship new features on an agile team, delivering the latest and greatest applications to our consumers all across the globe.
Education, Experience, and
- 2 to 5 years of experience in Android development using Android SDK and ADT
- Demonstrated experience and an understanding of OOP, Design Patterns and Android memory management
- Must have experience developing for multiple device sizes such as mobile phone as well as tablets, also including portrait & landscape.
- Experience building multi-threaded applications on Android platform
- Good understanding about MVP architecture for Android, Reactive patterns and dependency injection
- Experience with concurrency including Thread, Handler, Rxjava, Coroutines and scheduling techniques.
- Experience with Unit test frameworks.
- Solid understanding of Java and Kotlin.
- Familiarity with the Google Ad Manager (DFP) is preferable.
- Excellent English communication skills, speaking and writing.
Disclaimer: This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, might be required.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Naviga Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer
More Work-from-home Jobs
Uh oh! Something went wrong. Please try again.